Analysis on Food Security
The members of the United Nations found great value in the analysis you provided on the effects of global warming that result from population growth. They are now asking you write an additional analysis to include further issues related to population growth. Here is the issue they have asked you to consider:
The member states of the United Nations seek to build food systems that can provide global food security which will feed everyone, everywhere, every day by improving food quality though the promotion of effective and nutritional agricultural practices. The crucial issue is not the lack of food in the world but the access to that food. In many developing countries, food shortages are due to governmental control over food distribution. These governments maintain control of the population and their power by limiting access to nutritious food to certain groups. In this practice, they thereby “weaponize” food.
Your second project as a consultant for the United Nations is to develop an analysis that addresses three issues related to global food insecurity caused by global population growth and poverty, and to explore these issues in a developing country of your choosing.
The U.N. has given you the following guidelines:
The U.N. has asked that your paper contain three sections. Each section should be one page (or approximately 300 words) in length and answer specific questions, identified in the outline below. It also asks that you use examples from your developing country when answering the questions.
Provide an introduction of half a page minimum that addresses points 1–5 below:
1. Explain the problem the U.N. has asked you to address in your own words.
2. Identify the three sections your paper will cover.
3. Identify the developing country you will consider.
4. Tell the U.N. the causes of food insecurity.
5. Provide a one-sentence statement of your solutions at the end of your introduction paragraph.
Section I. Background
1. What is food insecurity?
2. What role does population growth play in food security?
Section II. Technologies That Can Reduce Hunger and Improve Food Security
1. What forms of technology can be used to reduce hunger and improve food security?
2. How would these technological solutions work?
3. What causes of food insecurity do these technologies address?
Section III. Specific Factors in Chosen Developing Country
1. Considering the causes of food insecurity, what factors interrupt the flow of food from the source to the people in the developing country you selected?
• Provide a conclusion of half a page minimum that includes a summary of your findings that the United Nations can use to inform future policy decisions.
• In answering each question, use examples from your developing country Barbados to illustrate your points.
• The U.N. needs facts and objective analysis on which to base future policy decisions. Avoid personal opinion and make sure your answers are based on information you find through research.
• Make sure your paper consists of 4–6 pages of content (or 1,200 words minimum, not including the cover or reference pages).
• Create headings for each section of your paper as follows:
o Section I. Background.
o Section II. Technologies That Can Reduce Hunger and Improve Food Security.
o Section III. Specific Factors in Chosen Developing Country.
• Use and cite at least five credible sources in your research. A list of potential resources is available below.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Capsule Review: Food Security and Scarcity: Why Ending Hunger Is So Hard, by C. Peter Timmer.
• World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision.
• Food Security and Poverty: A Precarious Balance.
The post Analysis on Food Security
The members of the United Nations found great appeared first on cheapcustomwriting.com.
Need Help Writing Your Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectGet Help Now!
Analysis on Food Security
The members of the United Nations found great was first posted on December 1, 2020 at 12:10 pm.
©2019 "Custom Essay Writers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask your questions to our best tutors for quality and timely answers whenever you need. Learn fast and seek help from our solution library that grooms your concepts with over 500 courses. When you place an order with us, be sure that the content will be authentic and free from plagiarism. Moreover, we do make sure that the content is research-based!
From essays to dissertations, we have writing experts for all your assignment needs!