English 1302 – _________
Title your Research/Personal Responsibility essay.
Write an Argumentative/Research essay of four full typed pages (double spaced) that answers an ethical question pertaining to a focused body of work.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
· Which characters in your research showed moral growth? What were the causes of this change? Which character showed the most growth? Defend your position.
· Analyze the actions of any major characters in Hamlet, applying two tests which any ethical action must pass: (1) The Golden Rule and (2) universality (Would the person taking the action want all persons to act the same way in a similar situation?).
· Analyze the actions of any major characters in The Metamorphosis, applying two tests which any ethical action must pass: (1) The Golden Rule and (2) universality (Would the person taking the action want all persons to act the same way in a similar situation?)
· Appraise the values of at least one character in The Metamorphosis. Was this character(s) justified in his or her treatment or reaction to Gregor Samsa’s condition? Defend your reasoning.
· Analyze several works from one of the authors studied this semester. How does the author’s own ethics resonate with his or her work?
· Analyze several characters created by one of the authors studied this semester. Evaluate the extent to which the author’s own ethics resonates with each individual character. Describe the impact on the finality of this particular piece.
· Alternative prompt: formulate a thesis involving an answer to an ethical question as it relates to an author or characters from a larger body of works.
As always, the answer to the question–your thesis–should be defended with at least three points.
Evaluation criteria follow:
Ethical Choices: Student thoroughly discusses at least two sides of an ethical choice to be made.
· Decision Making: Student states a position on the issue based on at least three points and offers an opposing view and counterargument supported with database sources.
· Consequences: Student identifies consequences and demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of the scope, complexity, and/or magnitude of the consequences.
· Evidence: Student includes a Works Cited page that lists at least three database sources. The body of the essay includes a total of at least five citations from sources.
The essay should demonstrate the following ENGL 1302 outcomes:
College level spelling and punctuation skills
MLA format for margins, header, personal information, paragraph indention, double spacing
Works Cited page
Clearly stated thesis statement
Topic sentences that flows from thesis statement
No egregious grammar mistakes
YOU MUST SUBMIT AN OUTLINE
Need Help Writing Your Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectGet Help Now!
The post Argumentative essay appeared first on EssayBishops.
Ask your questions to our best tutors for quality and timely answers whenever you need. Learn fast and seek help from our solution library that grooms your concepts with over 500 courses. When you place an order with us, be sure that the content will be authentic and free from plagiarism. Moreover, we do make sure that the content is research-based!
From essays to dissertations, we have writing experts for all your assignment needs!