Consider how social determinants of health such as age, gender, ethnicity, and environmental situation
impact the health and risk assessment of the patients you serve. You will also consider how social
determinants of health influence your interview and communication techniques as you work in partnership with
a patient to gather data to build an accurate health history.
• Analyze communication techniques used to obtain patients’ health histories based upon social determinants
• Analyze health-related risk
• Apply concepts, theories, and principles related to patient interviewing, diagnostic reasoning, and recording
Make sure you follow the given rubric for you answers and APA format with the appropriate literature justifying
your given statements
For this paper, you will take on the role of a clinician who is building a health history for a particular new patient
38-year-old Native American pregnant female living on a reservation
With the information presented in Chapter 1 of Ball et al. in mind, consider the following:
• By Day 1 of this week, you will be assigned a new patient profile by your Instructor for this Discussion. Note:
Please see the “Course Announcements” section of the classroom for your new patient profile assignment.
• How would your communication and interview techniques for building a health history differ with each patient?
• How might you target your questions for building a health history based on the patient’s social determinants of
• What risk assessment instruments would be appropriate to use with each patient, or what questions would
you ask each patient to assess his or her health risks?
• Identify any potential health-related risks based upon the patient’s age, gender, ethnicity, or environmental
setting that should be taken into consideration.
• Select one of the risk assessment instruments presented in Chapter 1 or Chapter 5 of the Seidel’s Guide to
Physical Examination text, or another tool with which you are familiar, related to your selected patient.
• Develop at least five targeted questions you would ask your selected patient to assess his or her health risks
and begin building a health history.
The post Building a Comprehensive Health History. appeared first on UKCustomPapers.
Ask your questions to our best tutors for quality and timely answers whenever you need. Learn fast and seek help from our solution library that grooms your concepts with over 500 courses. When you place an order with us, be sure that the content will be authentic and free from plagiarism. Moreover, we do make sure that the content is research-based!
From essays to dissertations, we have writing experts for all your assignment needs!