Choose and research a topic related to human biology. Imagine that you are creating a small booklet that will become available at a local health clinic. The booklet should be educational and understandable by the general public. You may select one topic that relates to either homeostatic mechanisms or to a disease that may interest you because of your own health or family history. You will find a list of suggested topics below, or you may come up with your own. If you select a topic that is not listed below, discuss your topic with your instructor before beginning work.
Need Help Writing Your Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectGet Help Now!
- Homeostasis: Hydration and exercise, adaptation of the human body to pregnancy, adaptation to cold or hot weather, adaptation to starvation and its consequences, sleep and health, or nutrition and health in children.
- Diseases: diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, sickle cell anemia, Huntington’s disease, colon cancer, schizophrenia, macular degeneration, hemophilia, Parkinson’s disease, osteoporosis, muscular dystrophy, or hepatitis.
- Select one of the suggested topics above.
- Find articles related to the topic.
- Remember that this is a booklet. Write 750-1500 words (double-spaced), excluding references. You may include pictures, tables and oyher material but please include all references. You should cite information in the text from at least five sources (including books, journals, and the Internet). You may not use online encyclopedias as a source more than once. Use APA style for citing references. All source material should be paraphrased or summarized in your own words. You should have no more than one direct short quote (less than 40 words) and no long quotes (more than 40 words) in your booklet.
- The sections of your booklet should include a title; an introduction that defines/describes your topic and what current/ongoing research has discovered about this topic; background information on what healthy organ system(s) is/are affected by the topic; the mechanism of action (e.g., how does the topic disrupt homeostasis? how does a disease spread and infect a person?); its symptoms and how it is diagnosed; current treatment options; prognosis, current and future research, conclusion, and your references. You may include additional sections as necessary to cover your particular topic.
- Please keep in mind that the audience for your informational booklet is the general public. Your explanations and uses of evidence, illustrations, or other definitive details should be appropriate for the reader; your language should aid the reader’s understanding of the subject (including definitions where appropriate); you should use information logically, and provide conflicting evidence and research where appropriate.
The post Central Georgia Technical College Diabetes Disease Research Paper first appeared on The Nursing Tutors.
The post Central Georgia Technical College Diabetes Disease Research Paper first appeared on Essay Lords | Bringing Excellence to students world wide.
Central Georgia Technical College Diabetes Disease Research Paper was first posted on December 1, 2020 at 8:16 am.
©2019 "Essay Lords | Bringing Excellence to students world wide". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask your questions to our best tutors for quality and timely answers whenever you need. Learn fast and seek help from our solution library that grooms your concepts with over 500 courses. When you place an order with us, be sure that the content will be authentic and free from plagiarism. Moreover, we do make sure that the content is research-based!
From essays to dissertations, we have writing experts for all your assignment needs!