Discussion Question: When looking at violence in healthcare, human trafficking is an essential topic to discuss as healthcare providers. However, many nurses come in contact with a victim yet are not
When looking at violence in healthcare, human trafficking is an essential topic to discuss as healthcare providers. However, many nurses come in contact with a victim yet are not knowledgeable on the signs to look for and actions to take. Discuss what your role is as a nurse in realizing the signs and what interventions are necessary.
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
Need Help Writing Your Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectGet Help Now!
Teaching Violence in the Workplace
Create a teaching PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least three (3) sources using APA citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to cite the sources using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
This week you are to create a PowerPoint as if you are teaching this information to your colleagues.
- Guns in the Workplace: prepare for an active shooter (what is the protocol and preparations your workplace has taken – if none have been developed describe what should be taken). What is the responsibility as a nurse caring for patients in an active shooter scenario?
- Bullying in Nursing: Bullying in the nursing workforce has become an increasing topic of concern. Research this topic and describe reasons why bullying is a problem in nursing. Provide suggestions for a new nurse who is being bullied by coworkers. What is your responsibility if you see a fellow nurse being bullied?
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Objective Slide (1 slide)
- Preparing for an active shooter (2-3 slides)
- Responsibility for patients in an active shooter scenario? (1-2 slides).
- Why bullying is a problem in nursing (2-3 slides)
- Suggestions for a new nurse being bullied (2-3 slides)
- Your responsibility (1-2 slides)
- References (1 slide)
Length: 11-16 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PPT document (.pptx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post Discussion Question: appeared first on Star Grade Essays.
Ask your questions to our best tutors for quality and timely answers whenever you need. Learn fast and seek help from our solution library that grooms your concepts with over 500 courses. When you place an order with us, be sure that the content will be authentic and free from plagiarism. Moreover, we do make sure that the content is research-based!
From essays to dissertations, we have writing experts for all your assignment needs!