(Sports Nutrition and Eating Disorders, Food Safety, and Food Equity, Sustainability and Quality /Feeding the World (Chapters 13.5-16), respond to three of the following (your choice): (or more for e
(Sports Nutrition and Eating Disorders, Food Safety, and Food Equity, Sustainability and Quality /Feeding the World (Chapters 13.5-16), respond to three of the following (your choice): (or more for extra credit
1. Read and address the questions posed in the Nutri-Case (located in Chapter 13.5-Disordered Eating) (Liz) regarding the female athlete triad/ eating disorders, etc, and dance……Or- discuss anything else of interest to you from the reading on Eating Disorders……2. Elite athletes and diet: Check out the link, below, and discuss. Also- find an elite athlete’s diet of your choice: an article or YouTube to share with the class (include the link). Your thoughts?
Kenyan long distance runners
Need Help Writing Your Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectGet Help Now!
3. Pick a sports supplement mentioned in the chapter on sports nutrition and see what you can find about it on the internet (Google it) (share the link): compare this information to what you have learned in the chapter……
4. Food-borne illness (Chapter on Food Safety) is often in the news these days- raw tomatoes and peanut butter contaminated with salmonella, raw spinach contaminated with E.coli, etc. What steps could be taken to reduce risk of food-borne illness, in regards to manufacturing/industry, and at home? Also- investigate the link below and discuss: http://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/outbreaks/multistate-outbreaks/outbreaks-list.html (Links to an external site.) (Interesting CDC list/links of all of the food poisoning outbreaks/causes/foods involved over the past few years. Pick an outbreak from this year, and discuss.)
5. What are some examples of food additives? Pros and cons of using these? Discuss….. Also review the articles/links below: thoughts on each of these?
6. Given the current issues in the news regarding rising food prices and hunger in the world, do you think vegetarianism is a good solution or do you have other ideas as to what might help? Thoughts on each of the two articles below? (Two different viewpoints on cattle grazing and reduction of hunger/increasing crop yield/arable land):http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130801125704.htm (Links to an external site.)http://foodtank.org/news/2013/06/reversing-desertification-savorys-livestock-solution-miracle
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post (Sports Nutrition and Eating Disorders, appeared first on Star Grade Essays.
Ask your questions to our best tutors for quality and timely answers whenever you need. Learn fast and seek help from our solution library that grooms your concepts with over 500 courses. When you place an order with us, be sure that the content will be authentic and free from plagiarism. Moreover, we do make sure that the content is research-based!
From essays to dissertations, we have writing experts for all your assignment needs!